Welcome to Nature's Cottage!

Thank you for dropping by. I'm not quite sure what exactly this blog will be yet. Join me in our journey of evolving!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A day of remembrance

In honor of all the people who lost their lives on 9/11 several years ago, - may you all rest in peace and be happy in your lives.  For those who lost loved ones or friends, my condolences. 

I was but a teenager when it happened. Asleep on my top-bunk bed.  Phone rings- my mom goes out of her room and picks it up.  I hear her on the phone- tones of disbelief.  Soon the television is on and we can hear reporters.  The second tower has been hit.  A few minutes later we're all glued to the television set, shocked.  Watching the heart wrenching videos of people either being blown out of or jumping out of the buildings. 

There's danger in every step. Love the people around you- like, truly love them.  You never know what will come.  Better be prepared.

For all those who tirelessly worked to save others- whether they still live or died trying, I salute and pray for you.  I think what makes horrible memories very much worth remembering are the people like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment