Welcome to Nature's Cottage!

Thank you for dropping by. I'm not quite sure what exactly this blog will be yet. Join me in our journey of evolving!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time passes me by

A Taiwanese friend of my parents' came over to visit us recently.  I learned my first chinese words from her little boy (then 2 years old).  It was the first time I met her (I was 12 I think) and her boy- and she said, "I'm going shopping with your mom. If he says 'niǎo niǎo' that means he needs to pee.  If he says 'dàbiàn' that means he needs to poo."  Thankfully all he said was "niǎo niǎo" when his mom was out.  Then he dropped his toy airplane in the toilet and refused to leave until we got it out! :p  Anyhow, he was a very energetic little boy - and very pleasant so he was always fun to be around. I saw him almost every year until he was 5 after that.  Then he started school and I didn't see him for many years- until a few days ago.

He's now a 15 year old- half a foot or so taller than I am.  Quiet and skinny (so unlike his loud chubby self) - I don't think he even remembers me.  I was happy to see them.  I used to babysit a little girl along with him- they were partners in crime.  Now she's way taller than I am as well.  Where has all the time gone?

I used to always say, "Old places, old faces, I'd rather keep."  But things happened- and more often than not, I'm happy to be looking forward.  There's a time in my life I'd rather forget. 

There are times I stop and wonder how or when I turned 24.  When did I get engaged?  The years have just zipped past since I was a teenager.  And that's a very good thing in a way. 

So whats up with me today?  I've got a full day teaching.  I've been so excited about my bees. I went to peep at one of them today and got stung on my earlobe.  I was asking for it though- what else could I expect? I had no veil on, no smoker.  It was early.  Duh.

Have a nice day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment