Welcome to Nature's Cottage!

Thank you for dropping by. I'm not quite sure what exactly this blog will be yet. Join me in our journey of evolving!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Furry friends

Here's Drone, 2 weeks old. Couldn't open his eyes yet, already wanting to chew on everything that smelled like food.
Here's his sister, Gita, a few days later. It was the first day her eyes opened. They were like tiny bears.
It's ridiculous to see how fast these guys have turned from those little wriggly  things into these crazy puppies running around like crazy.  I have to dig up their new-born photos and take some updated ones.  They're about thrice the size now. 

I've got 4 German Shepherds now - the parents of these two crazy puppies. Dogs have been a big part of my life since I was 5 or so.  The first dog I ever had was from my uncle. He sent my siblings and I a bunch of puppies. Mine was the scrawniest. Being the youngest and last to get up from bed (in those days!) I had the last choice. His name was Dunlop.  I remember looking out the window of our room and watching him leave a diareah on the lawn. Talk about first impression!  Needless to say, I had him for less than a week because he died from some disease I don't recall the name of.

I've also had a dalmatian who could literally climb chain link fences, a crazy but much loved labrador, a very tall un-German like German shepherd (he was a total wuss and loved eating mangoes), a boxer, and some mutts in-between. 

Soon I probably won't have any more dogs-my will-be-husband/WBH hates dogs.  At least I'll still be able to keep my hamsters. 

I've grown up having all kinds of pets. Ducks, rabbits, geese, fish, turtles, lizards, birds of all sorts.  What I've been wanting to have is a little pot-belied Vietnamese pig.  My mom put her foot down with that one tho. I'll have to see if my WBH will allow me to have one.  Just think, no more sweeping.  No more left overs. I'll have a perpetually clean fridge.  No more bio-degradable garbage, and a very smart little companion to run around with.  If I can't have a dog, I should be able to have a pig right?  It's only just fair! 


I can already see my WBH rolling his eyes and asking himself what he saw in me.  Hopefully it won't be another reason to make him think twice about coming back.  The problem with long distance relationships sometimes is it's so much easier to just pretend skype got cut or your computer overheated- at the most convenient times when you just don't want to talk about something.  Not that WBH does that... or at least, not that I know of. I know I've done it once or twice. My WBH won't see this blog for a while so I'm safe for now. :P

Anyway here's a quick introduction to two of 5 dogs in my life now. I have many other furry friends. I'll introduce them all by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment